Pennypacker has a new mascot
Our students had an election and decided to change the mascot of Pennypacker from the Cougars to the Masterminds!
The change to Pennypacker Masterminds is the first step into changing Samuel Pennypacker into a top level academic school, not only for Philadelphia, but in the state as well.
We had a mascot contest and the winner was Brianna C. with this owl.
Pennypacker in the News
Here are some exceprts from an article about Samuel Pennypacker Elementary from the Philadelphia Tribune in the Learning Key insert.
Points of Pride
- Made AYP seven of the last Ten years.
- First in Math in first through fifth grade classes
- Mentally Gifted class
- Instrumental music classes
- Won 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 City Reading Olympics
- Ranked 2nd in region for First in Math in 2012-2013
- Multiple Penn Relays victories in the 4X75 Shuttle Hurdles
- Track Team - 2009 2nd place 4X75
- Hoops for Heart
- 2006 Area Wal-Mart Teacher of the Year award for Mr. Curtis
- 1st place "Philadelphia Reads" Reading Olympics May 2009
- 6 Years of Keystone Award for Public Education
- Vanguard school rating of 1.1 in 2010-2011
- Participationship Award -Partners in Education
- Multiple winners in the "Young Artist's Workshop 2009" Exhibition
- Group Exhibition Award - 4th Grade,
- Bonelli Award
- Crayola Award - Amber Porterfield
- Richard Levy named to list of Exemplary Teachers for the 2015-2016 school year
Special to Pennypacker
- Leaders of the Pack - A group of 4th and 5th graders who have worked hard and earned the right to learn how to be leaders. This position is earned through hard work, recomendations by staff and an interview process.
- School was awarded Picasso Grant for special arts programs past three years
- Target Field Trip Grant for Miss Thomas for trip to African American History Museum
- Partner in Education Grant - Worked with Earth Force of Delaware Valley on service learning project about recycling