The mission of Patterson Elementary School is to form a partnership with parents and the community with the goal to prepare our diverse population of students to become life long learners in a nurturing, safe and clean environment. Our Aim is to set high expectations for our children so they will become responsible, productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
Patterson Elementary School is committed to creating and maintaining:
- A clear and shared focus on student learning.
- A high academic, social standard and expectation for our entire learning community.
- An effective school leadership, which fosters mutual respect and trust.
- A high level of collaboration and communication within our learning community and our grade groups.
- A curriculum, instructional practices, and varied assessments aligned with District and State Standards.
- A continuous monitoring of teaching and learning methods, with adjustments made to meet the individual needs of our learning community.
- A focused professional development that reflects the needs of the Patterson School staff and meets District and State goals.
- A learning environment where people feel safe, supported, and respected in a clean facility that is conducive to learning.
- A high level of community and family involvement, working together to improve every student’s academic and personal achievement.
- A learning environment that honors different learning and teaching styles and displays a respect for cultural diversity.