Graduation and Promotion Requirements
In order to meet graduation requirements, students must do the following:
· Earn 23.5 credits
· Complete a Multidisciplinary/Service Learning project.
· Complete 120 hours of community service and earn 1.0 for “institutional” credit
Students who are unable to complete the institutional credit due to extenuating circumstances may be given a waiver and will graduate with completion of highlighted 23.5 credits and multidisciplinary/service learning project.
- English (4) English 1, 2, 3, 4
- Mathematics (3) Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2
- Math Elective (1) Pre-Calculus
- Science (3) Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry
- Science Elective (1) Physics. Environmental Science
- Social Studies (4) World History, African-American History, American History, Social Science
- Social Studies Elective (1) (120 hours Community/Institutional Service)
- World Languages (2)
- Health/Physical Education (1.5)
- Arts and Humanities Electives (2)
- Electives (2)
Promotion and Graduation Requirements
We have lots of interesting activities for all of our students.
- Boys/Girls Basketball
- Boys/Girls Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Girls Softball
- Phenominal Woman Club
Home and School Connection
Our school has an active Home and School partnership. It is designed to provide
- the parents with information regarding the educational programs at our school and the workings of the School District.
- the meetings also provide the administration with the opportunity to obtain parental input and guidannce on issues affecting the students at the school.
Please contact the main office for additional information regarding membership and the meeting schedule.
School District of Philadelphia & Parents
Important Contact Numbers
- Parent Help Line: (215) 400-4000
- If you have questions about anything that affects your child.
- Bully Hotline: (215) 400-SAFE
- Citizen Crime Commision Tipline: Toll free (877) 345-Tips
- To report crime in our schools or in our communities.
- Join the Home and School Council: (215) 400-6123
- Right to Education Task Force: (215) 400-5151
- Title I Parent Advisory Committee: (215) 400-4040