Delaplaine McDaniel School K-8
1801 S 22nd Street
Providing all students with the academic, technological & social skills needed to be productive & contributing citizens in our society.
Delaplaine McDaniel Elementary School
Welcome! McDaniel School is excited to kick off the 2016-2017 School Year with such awsome community partnerships and school-wide programs:
Message from the Principal
Greetings and Welcome!
Thank you for visiting the McDaniel Elementary School website. Our website is a great resource to learn about the myriad of wonderful things involving the students and staff of McDaniel.
I am excited and proud to be the newly appointed principal of McDaniel Elementary School. Students and families of McDaniel can expect that we will continue our tradition of excellence, continued improvement and commitment to fulfilling the individual learning needs and aspirations of each student. With the support of my staff, I fully embrace the Philadelphia School District mission and vision.
I am eager to build relationships and learn more about our students, staff, families, and community. In kind, as one of the newest members of the McDaniel Elementary School family, I thought it would be beneficial to share some of my core educational beliefs.
· that an education for young adolescents must be academically excellent, developmentally responsive, challenging, empowering, and socially equitable (NMSA);
· that our school must be a student-centered learning community in which all stakeholders have integral roles in student achievement;
· that adult expectations and teacher effectiveness are the most powerful forces on student learning;
· that parents are experts on their children, teachers are experts on learning, and the combined efforts of parents, teachers, administration and students are essential to student achievement;
· that our stakeholders include students, teachers, families, support staff, community partners, other School District personnel, and neighbors;
· that all stakeholders have a role in determining the future of our learning community and those roles, while overlapping, are also unique to each stakeholder group;
· that America needs everyone to achieve and perform at even higher levels if we are to remain competitive in the world economy;
· in “you” - students, staff, and stakeholders of McDaniel Elementary School, myself as an educational leader, and in education as the key to success and greatness.
Thus, I choose to model these principles written by poet William Arthur Ward daily:
Believe while others are doubting
Plan while others are playing
Study while others are sleeping
Decide while others are delaying
Prepare while others are daydreaming
Begin while others are procrastinating
Work while others are wishing
Save while others are wasting
Listen while others are talking
Smile while others are frowning
Commend while others are criticizing
Persist while others are quitting.
I fully anticipate a fantastic school year and am looking forward to maintaining a strong partnership with the students, staff, parents, and community of McDaniel Elementary School!
I encourage you to visit our website throughout the year so that you can witness the many ways in which our students enter to learn and go forth to serve!
Your partner in education,
Mrs. LaChante’ Collier- Bacon