By utilizing instructional best practices and personal examples, the staff of the Loesche Elementary School provides our children with such inspiring understandings of self and the world. Through such valuable experiences everyday, everyone grows to proficient levels of knowledge in various aspects of human life, personal development and social kindness which will last a lifetime.
The Loesche Elementary School seeks to develop high achieving students by utilizing research based instruction, modern technology, best instructional practices, and solid teaching implemented by our teachers and parents.
Learn More About Us
If you would like to learn more aboutour school, please explore:
- History of Our School - Learn more about William H. Loesche
- Our School
- The William H. Loesche Elementary School serves over 700 students in the Far Northeast section of Philadelphia. We are located at the intersection of Bustleton Avenue and Tomlinson Road. The school is easily accessible by public transportation and close to George Washington High School, Baldi Middle School, and the Northeast Regional Office. Parking is limited to faculty and staff. Street parking is available for visitors.
- All visitors must register at the front office upon entering the building. The front door is the only permitted entrance for all visitors and late arrivals. Students are dismissed under supervision from the rear and side of the building.
- School Profile
- Special Education
- English Language Learners
- Economically Disadvantaged
Points of Pride
- Outstanding academic opportunities
- Top Ranked School in First in Math 2012-2013
- Top Ranked School in First in Math 2011-2012
- One Million Sticker School in First in Math for 2012 (Only 51 of 5,000 participating schools received this distinction.)
- Activity Works Recognized School for Student Fitness and Performance 2012
- 2011 Top Scoring School In Pennsylvania for the 2011 Bullying Academy sponsored by Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation and the Guardian Angels
3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Choir
-Loesche String Ensemble
-Loesche Wind Ensemble
- Sponsor a Smart Board program
- School Wide Behavior Support Program
-Principals 200 Club
-Golden Ticket Winners