Anna Lane Lingelbach K-8
Wayne Avenue & Johnson Streets
The Pledge of the Lingelbach Family - Try your Best. Do your Best. Be your Best. We are the Best. We are Lingelbach!!!
Message from the Principal
THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA
ANNA L. LINGELBACH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
6340 WAYNE AVENUE
PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA 19144
August 22, 2016
Dear Lingelbach Families,
Welcome back to the 2016-17 academic school year! We are planning for a wonderful year for all of our students. As you prepare to return to school on September 7, 2016 (September 14th for Kindergarten), please note the following changes:
· Our school day will begin at 8:20 AM. Students can arrive between 8:15 AM and 8:20 AM.
· Our school day will end at 2:59 PM. All students must be picked at the end of the school day.
· Breakfast is served in the classroom daily. Students are not permitted to bring breakfast to school.
· If your child is registered in an after-school program, families and providers must determine a meeting location for students, as we will not have students in the auditorium at the end of the day. Enclosed is a form to return on the first day of school.
· Uniform shirts are navy blue polo/golf shirts. If you have light blue shirts students will be permitted to wear them this year only.
· Enclosed is a PE uniform order form. Students must wear the uniform sold at school or wear the regular school uniform. No other attire is permitted.
I am excited to inform you that we will have a new reading and math curriculum! Pearson will serve as our math program for grades K-8. Our Literacy is also Pearson for K-5th. Grades 6-8 will use Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Over the course of the next few months, we will provide support to parents in learning to navigate the programs.
Your Partner In Education,