Graduation and Promotion Requirements
Information explaining the requirements a student must meet in order to graduate or be promoted to the next grade level can be found in the School District of Philadelphia's Promotion and Graduation Policy.
Miscellaneous Documents and Forms
- Parental Permission Slip - All students going on school trips will receive a permission slip from their teacher to go on the trip. This form must be completed in its entirety, signed by a parent or guardian and returned before a student is allowed to attend any trip.
- Student Media Form - This form should be filled out by the Parent or Legal Guardian of a student prior to using a student’s picture, voice, video and/or full name on the School District or an individual school’s website. It is SDP policy to include this form in the Student/Parent Handbook and for the web publisher to have a current form on file at the beginning of every school year.
- School-Parent Compact - This document outlines how the parents, the entire staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State's high standards.
- Parent Involvement Policy - This document describes expectations for parental involvement at Thomas Holme School.
- Parent Handbook - This handbook is our means of acquainting you with the programs and policies of Thomas Holme School. It is designed for the safety, good health and educational welfare of our students.
- K-3 Report Card Explanation - This document provides a detailed explanation of the K-3 report card.
- 4-8 Report Card Explanation - This document provides a detailed explanation of the 4-8 report card.
From the Nurse's Office:
We encourage students to participate in extra-curricular activities. These activities are considered privileges and not a right at Thomas Holme Elementary. In order to remain an active participant in an activity, a student must remain in good standing with the school by maintaining the following characteristics:
* have excellent school attendance
* maintain passing grades in all subjects
* behave in a respectful manner at all times, in and outside of school
* represent the school and promote a positive image