The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School K-5
3700 Morrell Avenue
The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School
Hancock is Hiring:
March 31, 2017
The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School and the John Hancock Demonstration Middle School – General J. Harry LaBrum Campus are offering the Demonstration Teacher examination for the following positions:
Demonstration Teachers are unique educators. They utilize the most current educational techniques and instructional media, which contribute to effective teaching practices in their specific teaching areas. They are observed at times by personnel from within the School District of Philadelphia as well as visitors from other areas and institutions, both national and international.
Examination/Position Requirements - Each applicant must:
How to become a Demonstration Teacher:
There is a four (4) step process to become a Demonstration Teacher.
Step 1 - Application Procedure
1. In order to be considered for the Demonstration Teacher Examination, an applicant is required to provide and attach the following documents.
2. Qualified applicants should submit their application, which includes a current resume and cover letter detailing the extent to which they meet the demonstration teacher requirements to Principal William Griffin at email@example.com. Candidates are required to present the following documents in order to be scheduled for the Demonstration Teacher Examination. Please submit the following with your application:
1. A copy of your certification or an original letter from a certification officer
2. A copy of your Bachelor’s degree or a copy of your college transcript that shows the date you earned your bachelor’s degree (Only For External Candidates.)
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. A copy of current clearances, or proof that you have submitted for such clearances (FBI Clearance, PA Child Abuse and Criminal Background Check).
Step 2- Demonstration Teacher Oral Examination
1. Oral examination with the Demonstration Principal and Demonstration Teacher Team.
2. Passing candidates advance to the next step, the Demonstration Teacher Observation/ Lesson.
Step 3- Demonstration Teacher Observation/ Lesson
1. Demonstration Observation/lesson with the Hancock Demonstration Principal and Demonstration Teacher Team.
2. Advancing candidates are eligible for site selection and ranked based on the oral examination and Demonstration Observation/lesson.
Step 4- Site Selection process at the Hancock Demonstration School
1. The Hancock Demonstration School Site Selection Committee will review all eligible candidates and then schedule interviews based on the Hancock School’s needs and the candidates’ qualifications.
Please contact Principal William Griffin at 215-281-2604 if you have any questions.
School Year Calendar : 2016 - 2017
* Since the calendar is subject to change during the course of the school year, the web version may contain updates not reflected in the printed version of this publication.
The following is the calendar for all schools and Pre-Kindergarten Programs for the 2016 - 2017 school year:
The Hancock School Mission, Vision, Core Principles and Points of PrideVision:
Hancock/Labrum School aspires to create productive global minded citizens by providing an
inclusive safe student centered learning environment where learners are empowered and held accountable for demonstrating meaningful learning and understanding through inquiry driven project based learning opportunities in a culture of care.
Hancock/Labrum School fosters productive caring citizens by utilizing inquiry driven, project based learning opportunities through the core values of inquiry, collaboration, investigation, and reflection.
Points of Pride
Hancock/ LaBrum School Calendar
Classroom ObservationsWe are a demonstration school and welcome area teachers to visit our school. See contact us for form.
See our calendars under News & Events
To see the 2016-2017 School District Calendar click here