Senior Projects and Science Fair
In order to get information on senior projects click here.
For the science fair packet please click here.
Click below to use
The Official SAT Online Course
Graduation and Promotion Requirements
From 9th Grade to 10th Grade
Students need to successfully earn a total of 5 credits. Final grade on the June report card of A through D allows students to earn credit. A grade of F earns no credit.
From 10th Grade to 11th Grade
Students need to successfully earn a total of 11 credits. Final grade on the June report card of A through D allows students to earn credit. A grade of F earns no credit.
From 11th Grade to 12th Grade
Students need to successfully earn a total of 17.5 credits. Final grade on the June report card of A through D allows students to earn credit. A grade of F earns no credit.
A student needs to successfully complete a total of 23.5 credits to graduate. To graduate from Girls’ High School, the student must have met the following credit requirements.
|Mathematics ||4 Credits|
|Science ||4 Credits|
|Social Science ||4 Credits (including Afro-Am Hist)|
|Foreign Language||2 Credits |
Electives (any non-required class is considered an elective)
|Health & Physical Education ||1.5 Credits (P.E. 1.0 & H.E. .5)|
| ||23.5 Credits|
Completed a Multidisciplinary Project (Senior Project) and Service Learning Project
In addition to the credit requirement above, before promotion or graduation, all students must return or pay for all books, calculators, instruments, ID Fines, instructional materials, sports uniforms, PSAT fees, class dues, yearbook, etc.
For additional information, please consult the Parent and Student Handbook.
New Chickenpox Vaccine Requirement
In order to attend class trips students will need a completed:
Parental Permission for Trips
In order to allow for the posting of student images or voices on the internet students will need a completed:
Permission Form for Use of Student Picture,Voice,Work and/orFull Name on a School District of Philadelphia Website
To report a doctors examination of a student, the following form should be used:
To report a dentists examination of a student, the following form should be used:
The following is a schedule of immunizations that are required to attend public schools in Philadelphia:
Girls High is proud to offer its students diverse opportunities through extracurricular activities. These activities include:
Students have the responsibility to:
- Do one's best at all times.
- Attend school regularly.
- Arrive on time and be prepared.
- Attend all assigned classes.
- Complete all assignments, including make-up work.
- Obey school rules and school officials.
- Respect the personal and property rights of others.
- Be courteous to all.
Students are expected to:
- Report to homeroom and classes on time; do not leave class without the permission of the teacher. Remain on school property during the entire school day.
- Maintain order and quiet in the corridors during advisory and class periods by not loitering, congregating, or wandering the hallways. Report all serious incidents (theft, fighting, etc.) that occur in school or en route to and from school.
- Observe all fire and safety regulations; keep the building clean and litter-free.
- Go to lockers only between classes.
- Return all schoolbooks and school property at the end of the school year.
- At the end of the school year clean out lockers and leave them open with the lock through the small hole and locked.
Listed below are some survival pointers on "How NOT to be a Victim of Crime."
- Do not wear valuable jewelry or expensive, trendy fashions (e.g. leather jackets) to and from school.
- Always travel with another person or, if not, walk near a group of people that attend the school.
- Avoid being alone in isolated areas in and around school.
- Be ALERT and AWARE of your surroundings at all times.
- Do not linger in or around school before school or at the end of the day unless you are being supervised by an adult.
- Do not bring large sums of money to school. Monies for trips, etc. should be turned in as soon as possible.
- Be cautious when entering the building very early in the morning (before 7:00 a.m.).
- Do not leave the campus during the day unless accompanied by a parent.
- Make sure that your locker is properly closed and locked.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Exit the building quickly when the fire alarm sounds; obey "shelter-in-place" and "lock down" rules.