The mission of Frankford High School is .....
Currently Under Construction!
Frankford High School will be a collaborative setting engaging all stakeholders in an inspirational and respectful learning environment that prepares students to be productive global citizens.
Declaration Of Beliefs And Visions
We support The School District of Philadelphia's Declaration of Beliefs and Visions, which states that:
- All children can learn at high levels.
- All children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be closed.
- Schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- All children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
Learn More About Us
If you would like to learn more about our school, please explore:
- Our History
Frankford High School has a history dating back to 1910, with its beginnings in a farmhouse as an annex of Central High School. The early students called themselves the “Pioneers”, a name still used today. Our current building opened in 1916, with the addition of the stadium in 1922. The gymnasium was added in 1954, an extension to the lunchroom in 1965, and the new wing in 1970. Frankford is one of the oldest high schools in the city, with a proud heritage, both on the playing field and in the classroom.
- General Stats - See School Safety Snapshot, Demographics, Attendance, Suspension and Incidents, and PSSA
- Speciality Areas - JROTC, Culinary Arts, and Industrial Technology
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
Home of the Champions
- CHEERLEADERS - 10 consecutive years - First place!
- 18 other Athletic / Sports Programs
- White Williams Scholars
- National Honor Society
- AP Classes and Honors Classes Offered
- Saturday Credit Recovery and Grade Improvement
- Culinary Arts Program
- Robotics Club
Red Cross Twinkle Star Scholarship 2011-2012
Documentary - “Pressure Cooker”
6 ABC News:
03/30/2010 - Cooking Teacher Gets Rachael Ray Surprise