Frankford High School
Frankford High School
The mission of Frankford High School is to provide each student with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become productive citizens.
The vision of Frankford High School will be realized by offering a comprehensive curriculum in a caring and safe environment, working in partnership with families and the community.
- Instruction must be tailored to meet individual needs.
- A partnership must exist among the students, family, school staff and community.
- We must foster a desire for lifelong learning.
- Student cooperation and ownership is crucial.
- Common values and ethical conduct must be shared among members of the school community
- Excellent attendance is crucial.
- Multiculturalism and diversity must be integrated into all aspects of the school community
- A positive learning environment must exist.
- Technology must remain current, including instruction, skills and applications.
Declaration Of Beliefs And Visions
We support The School District of Philadelphia's Declaration of Beliefs and Visions, which states that:
- All children can learn at high levels.
- All children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be closed.
- Schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- All children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
Learn More About Us
If you would like to learn more about our school, please explore:
- Our History
Frankford High School has a history dating back to 1910, with its beginnings in a farmhouse as an annex of Central High School. The early students called themselves the “Pioneers”, a name still used today. Our current building opened in 1916, with the addition of the stadium in 1922. The gymnasium was added in 1954, an extension to the lunchroom in 1965, and the new wing in 1970. Frankford is one of the oldest high schools in the city, with a proud heritage, both on the playing field and in the classroom.
- General Stats - See School Safety Snapshot, Demographics, Attendance, Suspension and Incidents, and PSSA
- Speciality Areas - JROTC, Culinary Arts, and Industrial Technology