Message from the Principal
It is my pleasure to welcome new and returning students and parents to the Henry R. Edmunds School community. The staff of Edmunds is proud to have you and your child as members of our school family.
We at Henry R. Edmunds School are committed to providing standards driven education through a rigorous academic program in a safe and orderly school climate for teaching and learning. During the school year we will emphasize the following:
- High academic achievement through the CORE CURRICULUM of the SDP.
- Adherence and enforcement to the SDP CODE OF STUDENT CONDUCT.
- Respecting the culture and diversity of all students, parents and community members.
- Maintaining a safe and orderly school environment for teaching and learning.
- Strengthening the critical thinking skills of all students.
- Providing and integrating Technology Education across the Curriculum for the 21st Century.
- Developing strong human values in all of our students through Service Learning and Character Education.
- Daily use of the student agenda books in grades 6th-8th will assist:
- students in keeping track of their schedules, homework and projects
- students in identifying strategies which will strengthen character as students grow into their responsibilities as they become productive citizens
- teachers and parents communicate for active monitoring of academic progress and social development
It is only through the consistent efforts of parents and school staff working together as partners, on behalf of our students, that we achieve our mutual goals for their success. Please feel free to call or come to the school any time if you have a question, need information, or have an idea to share.
The website includes current information for parents and students, and items of interest including school and school district policies. As you browse through our web site you will find a list of student activities, staff information, health care information, upcoming events, staff and student recognitions, general school information and our points of pride.
Leta D. Johnson-Garner, Principal
Our Points of Pride
Our Edmunds students have access to the following programs
- Gear Up
- Mentally Gifted Program
- Athletic Clubs
- After school Tutorials
- Music/Instrumental Program
- Promethean Board/Smart Board Technology
- Computer Lab
- First in Math
- Study Island
- Achieve 3000