F. S. Edmonds PreK-5
8025 Thouron Ave.
We have the F.S. Edmonds Edge We are Responsible, Respectful, and Safe!
Franklin S. Edmonds
Message from the Principal
We are finally in the full swing of things! Our students have spent September learning our new routines and procedures and learning how to display their Edmonds Edge- We are Respectful, We are Responsibe, We are Safe! Our monthly event for October is Pumpkin Painting, which will be held on Thursday, October 29th. Students need to turn in 75 Falcon Dollars in order to attend. Please make sure you check out our October Events calendar for special events, school closings, and half days.
This month the following events are occurring:
Click here for our printable October calendar!
· October 1- 2016-2017 School Selection Process Begins
· October 2- Gym T-Shirt and Sweatshirt order forms and money are due
· October 2- Student Dress Down Day ($1.00 per student)
· October 5- Candy Sale Money Due
· October 7- School Picture Day
· October 12- Columbus Day- School Closed
· October 14- Interim Reports Distributed
· October 15- Home and School Meeting @ 9:15
· October 16- Home and School Sport Shirts and Jeans Day ($1.00 per student)
· October 28- 12:00PM Early Dismissal
· October 29- Pumpkin Painting Party
· October 30- Fall Harvest Festivals in Classrooms
· October 30- Student Dress Down Day ($1.00 per student)
Please make sure you are aware of the new policies:
1. The main office will not be open until 9:00AM. This is to ensure the safety of students arriving to school.
2. The main office will be closed from 2:30-3:15PM. Again, this is to ensure the safety of our students who are getting on buses, etc.
3. We will not allow early dismissals after 2:30PM. This is because there is a lot of transition at the end of the day and we want to make sure all students are where they need to be to ensure a safe dismissal.
4. If your child attends an after-school program it is up to the program to determine a meeting spot in the yard for a 3:09PM pick-up. Students should not be sent to the office to wait for an after-school provider to pick them up. Please alert your child’s teacher if your child is attending an after-school program and provide the name and contact information for the provider.
5. At 8:35 doors will close. All late arrivals will need to enter through the main entrance. Students will be signed in and given a pass to class. Late arrivals are tracked. Please be advised that if arriving late becomes frequent a mandatory parent meeting will occur.
6. At 3:10 doors will close. All late pick-ups will be brought to the main office. Parents/guardians will need to sign their child out. Late pick-ups are tracked. Please be advised that if picking-up late becomes frequent a mandatory parent meeting will occur.
7. Gym T-shirt and Sweatshirt order forms will be available tonight and will be sent home to order gym shirts. Order forms and money are due October 2nd. We will not be selling gym shirts from the main office effective today.
8. Please make sure your child knows where to go at dismissal on regular school days, half days, and inclement weather days.
9. Inclement weather arrival will be: Pre-K to 2 will enter in the auditorium and 3-5 will enter the auditorium and go to the gym. Doors will open no earlier than 8:20AM.
10. Effective 10/5/15 breakfast will no longer be served in the classroom. Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria from 8:05 to 8:25. All students who would like breakfast may enter through the recess yard door to receive a nutritious breakfast. At 8:25 kindergarten students will be escorted to their classrooms. At 8:25 all students in grades 1-5 will be escorted out of the annex doors and they will join their classes in line for arrival. On inclement weather days all students who would like breakfast may enter through the recess yard door to receive a nutritious breakfast. At 8:25 kindergarten students will be escorted to their classrooms. At 8:25 all students in grades 1-5 will be directed up the up stairwell, K-2 students will go to the auditorium to join their class and 3-5 students will go to the gym, where they will line up by class.
I thank you for your anticipated cooperation with our new policies, as we are truly looking out for the safety and well being of our students. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kristina Turi, Principal
F.S Edmonds Elementary School
Parents: Click here for resources and information so that you can help your child at home!