Message from the Principal
Happy Summer Families!
I am excited to share that F.S. Edmonds has received a PBIS grant, which will align resources to support our PBIS program. We are also working with Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) to support our K-3 literacy program. And it is with great pleasure that I announce that F.S. Edmonds will be designated as a Community School! There are a lot of exciting things happening at F.S. Edmonds.
I wanted to include some important information regarding logistics this year:
Morning Arrival and Breakfast:
- Breakfast will NO longer be served before school. Breakfast will be served in the classroom beginning at 8:30.
- Bright Futures parents/guardians will drop their children off directly at the Bright Futures classroom’s doors (small yard in the front)
- K-2 parents/guardians will be permitted to walk their children to their classroom. All K-2 classrooms will be on the first floor. All K-2 students and parents/guardians MUST enter through the main entrance ONLY.
- Students in grades 3-4 will enter the building through the annex door. Parents/guardians are not permitted to escort students above 2nd grade to class.
- Students in grades 5-6 will enter the building through the Sedgwick entrance (currently the 3-5 dismissal door). Parents/guardians are not permitted to escort students above 2nd grade to class.
- There will be staff members stationed throughout the school to ensure the safety of each student.
- The doors will open at 8:25 and no earlier. There will NOT be supervision in the school yard or around school grounds, please DO NOT drop your child off early.
- Bright Futures will dismiss directly from their classrooms. Parents/guardians are to go directly to the Bright Futures classrooms NOT to the main office. (This applies for late drop off and early dismissals as well)
- All K-2 students will dismiss in the auditorium beginning at 3:09. Parents/guardians will need to sign their K-2 child out.
- Grades 3-4 will dismiss to the yard through the annex door.
- Grades 5-6 will dismiss to Sedgwick Street.
- Students attending after care programs will dismiss from the cafeteria. After care providers may enter through the Sedgwick Street door to sign out students.
- Bus riders will dismiss from the auditorium directly to their bus.
- No early dismissals will be permitted after 2:45 without prior approval. This is to secure the building to ensure the safety of our students.
ALL students in grades Pre-K to 6th are to wear navy blue pants, skirts, or jumpers. Students will wear shirt colors that are aligned with their grade band.
- Pre-K to 2nd are to wear light yellow collared shirts.
- 3rd-5th are to wear light blue collared shirts.
- 6th grade are to wear gray collared shirts.
All students in grades Pre-K to 5 can wear navy blue sweaters over their uniform shirt.
All students in grades 6 can wear gray sweaters over their uniform shirt.
- Navy blue sweatpants
- Navy blue t-shirts or the F.S. Edmonds shirt (sold in the Main Office for $10.00)
The following items are NOT permitted:
- Hoodies of any type
- Shorts above the knee
- Jeans or sweatpants (sweatpants may be worn on gym days)
- Logos on clothing
- Sandals or flip flops
- Wheels in sneakers
Beginning of School Year Logistics:
- The building will be open on August 22nd.
- The first day of school for Pre-K and 1st-8th grade is Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
- The first day of school for Kindergarten is Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
- Back to School Night is Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- Our first Breakfast with the Principal will be on Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Attendance counts everyday! Keep the last day of each month open for our Perfect Attendance Assembly and gift card give away for one lucky parent/guardian of a student with perfect attendance. Please try to make appointments for after school or on days off.
Please enjoy the rest of your summer! Try to stay cool. I look forward to seeing all our wonderful students back on Wednesday, September 7, 2016. Kindergarten students begin on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.