Important Dates to Remember:
SEPTEMBER 2016 BACK TO SCHOOL
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH (Grades 1st - 5th)
1) YARD OPENS DAILY @ 8:20 a.m. (NO ADULT SUPERVISON PRIOR TO 8:20 a.m.)
Note: Sudents and parents are not permitted to enter the yard until 8:20 a.m.
To ensure safety, NO YARD PLAY in the AM or PM. Pets, bikes, and scooters, are not permitted.
2) FREE BREAKFAST @ 8:20 - 8:30 a.m. (Door closes @ 8:25 a.m.)
3) MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS @ 8:30 A.M. followed by Student Admission (Classes escorted by teacher)
New and returning students line-up in the School Yard.
Look for the class number painted in the schoolyard. Teachers will have a class sign with the teacher name and room number.
4) LATE STUDENTS - Students are late @ 8:35 a.m. and will receive a late slip.
Note: Parents must escort students in the Main Entrance @ 8:35 a.m. with photo identification.
5) DISMISSAL - Parents remain in two designated parent zones. Students will raise their hands to be dismissed by the teacher.
Kindergarten @ 3:00 p.m.
Grades 1st & 2nd @ 3:05 p.m.
Grades 3rd - 5th @ 3:07 p.m.
All students are dismissed in the yard and must be picked up by 3:09 p.m.
September 1st - May 31st: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
September 7th - 1st Day of School (K-5) @ 8:30 a.m. - 3:09 p.m.
September 14th - 1st Day of Kindergarten @ 8:30 a.m. - 3:09 p.m.
September 21st - New Parent Orientiation Meeting @ 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
September 29th - School Selection Process Opens for 2017-2018
September 29th - Back To School Night @ 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
September 30th - Staff Only Day (Schools Closed)
If you are attending a school event with your child, all volunteers need to provide a copy of the following
douments in accordance with the PA Child Protective Services Act 153 of 2014.
1. ACT 34- PA Criminal Background Check
2. ACT 151 - Child Abuse History Clearance Form
3. ACT 114 - FBI federal criminal history certification (Can be signed in the main office)
Read All About It!
Kennedy Crossan in the News
Read about the AMAZING things happening at Kennedy Crossan HERE
Back To School News
2016 - 2017
Welcome to Kennedy C. Crossan!
We are excited to welcome all new and returning students to the 2016 - 2017 school year. Please review important information below.
1st Days of School :
*Wednesday, September 7th
Students in grades 1st - 5th will return for the first day of school. This will be a full day (8:30 a.m. - 3:09 p.m.)
*Wednesday, September 14th
Kindergarten students will begin their first day. This will be a full day (8:30 a.m. - 3:09 p.m.)
All students K-5th) are expected to wear the Crossan Uniform daily. (Navy Pants/Skirts and White or Navy collared shirts).
Daily Free Breakfast for all students
Grades 1st - 5th (8:20 a.m. - 8:25 a.m.)
Kindergarten - Both classes report to lunchroom after morning admission for class breakfast.
Student Arrival (Yard Opens) - 8:20 a.m.
Note: There is no adult supervision prior to 8:20 a.m. and students are not permitted to arrive on school grounds before 8:20 a.m. Parents are encouraged to remain with students.
Free lunch is provided to all students (Universal Feeding Program). Lunch is scheduled for full day and early dismissal days.
We look forward to a successful school year.
Mrs. Lynne B. Millard
Enrollment: Registration Documentation
- Proof of Age - Original Bith Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Address - (2 Current Residency Documents)
Original Typed Lease (Parent/Legal Guardian of Children Listed)
Mortgage Settlement Statement
Recent Employer Pay Stub
Current Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Water)
- Parent Registration Statement ( Provided at school)
- Home Language Survey (Provided at School)
- Photo ID for Parent ( Current License or Non Driver's License, Passport)