We are excited to be a part of the "Philadelphia Campaign for Healthier Schools" again this year, working together to decrease the unhealthy foods in our school, promote healthier food choices, and to increase physical activity and exercise.
To reach our goals we need your support!
1. Healthy Snacks: If you pack snacks and drinks for your child, please pack healthy ones. If your child buys snacks at the corner store, talk about making healthier choices. Healthy choices are: fruits and vegetables, whole grain crackers, granola bars, low-fat string cheese, low-fat yogurt. Healthy Drinks: water, low-fat milk, 100% fruit juice.
3. Healthy Classroom Celebrations: If you would like to bring in a treat for your child's birthday or classroom party, please make it healthy. Healthy Treats: fruit salad, vegetables and dressing, juice, popcorn. Non-Food Treats: Fun games to play, small prizes (pencils, erasers, stickers), a movie or book for the classroom.
We welcome your ideas to help us become a healthier school. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact the office to join our school's Wellness Council.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to a healthy school year!
The Wellness Council
To view Cook-Wissahickon's monthly calendar click here.
School registration hours are 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Children must be 5 years old by September 1st.
Please see the school district's website for complete information on kindergarten registration. Click here.
New Student Registration
Documents parents should bring:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's previous report card
- Immunization records
- Proof of address: one of the following items
- Utility bill (gas or electric)
- PA driver’s license
- PA vehicle registration
- Pay stub with address of employer & employee
Cook-Wissahickon's Recyling List
We are recycling the following items:
- Cell Phones, iPhones, cameras, laptops, tablets, E-readers, keyboards, mouse, iPods & MP3 players
- Ink Cartridges & toner cartridges
- Kashi Cereal Wrappers/Boxes
- Bare Naked Granola Bags
- Ritz Toasted Chip Bags
Nabisco Cookie Wrappers Mars Candy Wrappers
- Oreo 100 Calorie Packs Skittles
- Fig Newtons Starburst
- Mini Oreos Snickers
- Double Stuff Twix
- Nuttter Butter M & Ms
- Chips Ahoy
Any Energy, Cereal or Fiber Juice Pouches
Bar Wrappers with Silver Lining Examples:
Examples: Capri Sun
Balance Bars Honest Tea
Please send the clean empty wrappers into school. The 8th graders will sort and send the wrappers to be created into something new!
All money raised by recycling will be put toward 8th grade graduation fees.