The Alternative Education Division provides high-quality educational programs and supports that prepare, ensure, and empower all students to achieve their full intellectual and social potential. The Region affords students opportunities to academically succeed by addressing their various individual needs, providing different options which are not available in traditional settings.
Aligned to the Imagine 2014 Strategic Plan, the Alternative Education Region will:
- Build student success so that students will grow each year and graduate with the academic skills necessary for success in college, work, and life.
- Provide specialized services, comprehensive supports, transition services, and high quality instruction.
- Embrace bold new educational approaches (both internal and external) with proven track records of success.
- Utilize clear and uniform teaching standards and expectations for teachers.
- Provide professional development on differentiated instruction, academic rigor, and using data to inform instruction.
- Ensure that every student receives the behavioral and academic supports and career and college exploration opportunities they need outside the classroom to be successful inside the classroom.
- Provide drop-outs with multiple options for returning to school, connecting them to the support services they need to enable them to focus on school success.
- Provide students returning to district schools from Alternative Education with the supports and services they need to succeed.
- Monitor and evaluate external partners to ensure students are receiving the academic supports and services they need.