The Office of Family and Community Engagement has several entry points for parents seeking support with navigating the District, getting information about services and resources and resolving their concerns. These entry points are:
- District Call and Main Information Center (215-400-4000)
- Parent and Family Resource Center (PFRC) located on the first floor of the District's Education Center (440 N. Broad Street)
- Family Engagemant Liaison for your school
The District Call and Main Information Center provides front-end information about District services, initiatives and programs, acting as a link between customers and appropriate District offices. The Center also engages parents, provides one-on-one support, works directly with Family Engagement Liaisons to address parent questions and concerns.
The Parent and Family Resource Center and the District's Family Engagement Liaisons provide parents with support in many ways.
They support by:
- Facilitating the resolution of parent concerns
- Assisting parents in exploring ways to better support their child's education
- Helping parents navigate the School District of Philadelphia and offer information about the District's programs and services, policies, and procedures
- Sharing information about community based programs and resources.
Family Engagement Liaisons also organize and conduct a variety of parent workshops and events both in schools and at other locations in the community. They offer support to schools with parent engagement opportunities and build community partnerships to increase access to resources for the benefit of students and families.