Philadelphia, PA 19130
Vocational Education Teachers
The School District of Philadelphia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, or disability.
Road Map to Vocational Teaching
1. Read the Employment Opportunity flyer for Teacher of Trade & Industrial Education in your area of interest and complete the online teacher application on The School District of Philadelphia's website - www.philasd.org. Please view FAQ's, Vocational Education Teacher Salary.
2. Contact Joane Majors at Temple University (215-204-8376) to register for the Career and Technical Education Information Session. These sessions are held monthly and are free of charge. Temple University is the local agency that issues Vocational teaching certification.
3. E-mail your resume to Stephanie Jerome - email@example.com.
4. Select applicants will be invited to participate in the interview process. Successful candidates are placed on an eligibility list. Note: Having your name on the eligibility list qualifies you for a position, but does not guarantee you one. Hiring and placements are based on District needs.
5. Candidates who are on the eligibility list may be placed in a school either through the Site Selection process or by choosing from the available vacancies.
6. Before a candidate can be placed in a position, all necessary HR documentation including, but not limited to, Criminal History Check, Child Abuse clearance, FBI clearance, and School Personnel Health Record, must be provided. Candidates must also register to take the Occupational Competency Assessment (OCA) through Temple. Candidates will be contacted to report to 440 N. Broad Street for final hiring processing.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©School District of Philadelphia|
440 N. Broad Street 2nd Floor - Philadelphia, PA 19130
Phone: 215-400-4600 Fax: