Philadelphia, PA 19130
If you are looking for meaningful part-time work in education, this is the perfect opportunity for you. With more than 200 schools and the need for approximately 1,000 substitutes each day, there are plenty of options for you to work as frequently as you’d like.
Source4Teachers is our new provider for substitute teachers, school-based support staff and principals.
Interested in joining Source4Teachers? To create an account and apply online, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to Source4Teachers.com
2. Click “Apply Now” in the top right corner
3. Select “Implementation” towards the bottom of the left sidebar
4. Select “School District of Philadelphia”
5. Click “Apply” and follow the steps to create your profile
You are also welcome to complete your application at Source4Teachers’ office located at 440 North Broad Street, 3rd floor, portal A. There are plenty of available computers and knowledgeable representatives ready to assist you with each step of the application process. Please remember to bring identification with you to present at the security desk.
440 North Broad Street, 3rd Floor, Portal A, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Attention retired teachers participating in PSERS: You are eligible to work as a substitute for Source4Teachers without jeopardizing your pension payments. PSERS law prohibits any individual who is receiving a PSERS pension benefit from working at the same time for The School District of Philadelphia. However, Source4Teachers is not a district but rather a third-party employer. Therefore, you are permitted to work for Source4Teachers without any PSERS conflict.
If you have any questions around your eligibility to work for Source4Teachers, please visit the Source4Teachers office at 440 N. Broad Street, 3rd floor, Portal A or by calling 856.482.0300, ext. 3229.
Special note for previous SDP substitutes: Because you are changing employers from The School District of Philadelphia to Source4Teachers, the following four credentials must be dated within one year of your start date with Source4Teachers or you will need to obtain new credentials:
4. Negative Tuberculosis (TB) Test Results: Documentation of a negative TB test that includes your name, the date administered, the date read, and the name of the facility or office where the test was completed. This must be signed by a physician or the physician’s legally qualified designee (another medical staff member at the physician’s office).
The School District of Philadelphia will continue to employ the following classes of substitutes. If you are interested in applying to work in any of these positions, please complete the application, gather all required hiring documents (click here to visit the hiring documents page, all required clearances are below the red line) and schedule an appointment for processing by calling 215-400-SUBS (7827).
· General Cleaners
· School Psychologists
· Principals (for absences extending past 10 business days ONLY)
©School District of Philadelphia|
440 N. Broad Street 2nd Floor - Philadelphia, PA 19130
Phone: 215-400-4600 Fax: