Current Open Scholarships
- The Tom Joyner Foundation Scholarship is pleased to announce that one student will win a full ride scholarship to an HBCU of their choice! Deadline for the application is January 20, 2017.
- Philadelphia City Scholarship - The Philadelphia City Scholarship Program awards approximately 50 college scholarships to high school seniors each year. Scholarship awards are $1,000 for each academic year for four consecutive years of full-time enrollment in accredited, four-year bachelor degree programs. The City of Philadelphia funds this scholarship program and has assisted more than 2,600 students in earning a college degree. Deadline is February 24, 2017.
- Costculator Scholarship Program - We created Costculator to solve a problem. Our goal is to provide cost estimates for every possible solution in every aspect of life. Since the main goal of our efforts is to help people around the globe, we are taking another step to further serve our purpose by announcing: The Costculator Scholarship Program. With this program we are offering a chance to win $1000 in reward for students currently enrolled in colleges and universities. Deadline is March 31, 2017.
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship - Nitro cares about providing you the resources you need to successfully navigate financing college. That's why we're offering you the opportunity to earn a $5,000 scholarship from Nitro. We know that college is a big step forward in achieving your goals and we want to help you get there using all the tools Nitro has to offer. First deadline is December 31, 2016.
- Facing ACNE $2,000 Scholarship - Facing Acne very much believes the power of paying it forward, and that includes helping others get a good education. It's my goal to contribute what I can to help others be prepared for whatever life may throw at them. So I'm very excited to bring you Facing Acne's first annual scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year. Applicants who meet the guidelines below may enter for a $2,000 scholarship. Deadline is March 31, 2017.
- $3,000 Tobi Cares Scholarship - Tobi is an online fashion label representing the casual, cool, and sexy attitude of Los Angeles. We are inspired by stylish, successful women from all walks of life and aim to inspire the next generation of young women to pursue higher education, leadership, and of course, personal style! A woman's success is our success and we hope to pay it forward by broadening horizons and creating equal opportunity throughout our communities. We are proud to offer our annual Tobi Cares Scholarship in which we award $3,000 to one outstanding female recipient in the United States. The winner will also receive $200 in Tobi.com store credit for a shopping spree. Deadline is December 31, 2016
- AdvertiseMint is very excited to let you know that we are offering a $2,500 scholarship to the School District of Philadelphia for creative students that show entrepreneurial characteristics. We would love to make the application for this scholarship available to your students. Deadline for the application is December 31st.
- The Annual Safe Driving Scholarship - Driving-Tests.org is proud to announce a new $2,500 scholarship for all high school juniors and seniors, as well as undergraduate university or community college students in the United States. This scholarship is being offered to reward students for using their creativity to encourage safe driving behaviors. Deadline is December 31, 2016
- Apartment List Scholarship - As a company filled with many college grads, we know that college is an important life endeavor, but one that can be expensive. Therefore, we are offering a $2,500 scholarship to outstanding students who exemplify one or more of Apartment List’s core values. You may have mentored a fellow student, organized a fundraiser for charity, or gone on a humanitarian trip abroad. Whatever your achievements, we want to hear from you! Deadlines are: December 1, March 1, June 1 and September 1
- The Unforeseen Scholarship - Have you lost a parent due to violence, major illness or an accident? Thie is a private scholarship program set up to provide assistance to Philadelphia High School seniors intending on going to college. Deadline for the application is April 1, 2017
Athletic Scholarships (For Student Athletes) - Athletic Scholarships are for student athletes who are being recruited by perspective colleges or universities and the coaches of those universities make the decision as to whom they offer these scholarships. If you believe that you are a student athlete worthy of receiving an "athletic scholarship" please contact the colleges or university coaches.
Fast Web - Great site to find additional scholarships to pay for college.
Additional Scholarship Websites - Click the link for a list of more scholarship websites.
Scholarship Coach, Vol 8 - Scholarship America wants to make sure the high cost of college doesn't keep students from earning their degrees, we're happy to bring you the latest free ebook in our Scholarship Coach series.This free e-book features more than 50 pages of highlights, tips and tricks for scholarship seekers in high school and college!
Scholarships for Computer Science Majors - Our Scholarships for Computer Science Majors guide takes a look at college financing options for CS majors and includes:
- A look at federal student aid
- A glimpse into the field of computer science
- $500k in featured and segmented scholarships
Scholarships for Undocumented Students - This link will take you to a book created by MALDEF that provides scholarship information in english and spanish for students of latino/hispanic heritage.
Scholarship Essay - If you need tips on writing a scholarship essay, click on the link for resources.
Financial Aid - If you are looking for some help obtaining money from the government for college, this section will give accurate and up-to-date information regarding financial aid during the school year.
Paying for College
Don't know how you are going to pay for college?
For federal government assistance, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) Application.
For the Class of 2017, the new FAFSA is already open. You should begin completing the online form.
Make sure that you visit the correct website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
Once you complete your FAFSA, you will have the opportunity to apply for the state grant that also provides free money for college. Do not lose out on that extra money! If you do not see the link, please make sure to log in to PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Authority) to apply for the state grant and for additional resources on how to find more funding for college.
Please note that scholarships are available now and you should be researching and applying for them throughout the school year!