About Naviance Family Connection
WHAT IS NAVIANCE FAMILY CONNECTION AND HOW DOES IT HELP ME WITH COLLEGE?
Naviance Family Connection is a web based service designed especially for students and parents. Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you can use to helpp in making decisions about colleges, scholarships and careers.
Naviance Family Connection will allow students and parents to get involved in the planning and advising process. You will be able to build a resume, complete online surveys and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research Careers - Naviance Family Connection offers the "Career Interest Profiler" as an online career interest assessment for students based on Holland's interest codes. The "Do What You Are" feature begins with a personality inventory and concludes with a report describing the student's personality type, potential careers and and related majors. The results link students directly to detailed career profiles, which include educational requirements, salary data and in some cases even multimedia presentations. Students may also link directly to the college database to find colleges that offer an educational path to each career.
- Take a Learning Style Inventory - The innovative Learning Style Inventory gives important insights about how students learn in order to help each student achieve maximum potential. The tool assesses the following dimensions that affect a students' learning: immediate environments; emotionality; sociological needs; and physical needs.
- Research Colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from schools for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Apply for Scholarships - Check the most up-to-date list of scholarships that are on the local, state and national level.
- Study for PSAT/SAT using PrepMe - An online course that will help you build your math, reading, writing and PSAT/SAT test prep skills. Through your school's Naviance Family Connection site, you will be able to complete the course and track all of the work you complete. PrepMe uses proven strategies that are clear and easy to understand for any type of learner and students have seen measurable progress using the course.
How to Access Naviance Family Connection
Students in grades 6 - 12 will receive a password from their counselor at the beginning of the school year.
To log in:
- students should go to www.philasd.org/login
- enter your student ID number in the username box
- enter your password in the corresponding box