Welcome to the School District of Philadelphia's Budget website. This page is intended to provide staff, District families, and the community with information related to the District's budget -- its revenues and expenditures -- including how resources are allocated to schools. Information on this site will be updated to reflect the upcoming Fiscal Year every March to support the District's and school budget processes. For historical information, please use the link to the left and select the fiscal year that is of interest.
Fiscal Year 2015-16
Five Year Financial Plan
- Five Year Financial Plan (FYFP)
A budget forecast tool that provides a forward looking view of the Districts revenues and expenditures and enhances the District's ability to invest strategically in practices that have proven to improve student achievement while also providing greater transparency. The District's five year financial plan is updated the Fall of each fiscal year.
- Five Year Financial Plan Presentation
A summary of the key findings from its FYFP analysis
The District's official statement of the District's anticipated revenues and expenditures
A summary of the District's financial outlook and Lump Sum Statement
- Budget Presentation to City Council
A copy of the District's official presentation in front of City Council
A copy of the District's budget adoption resolution
- SRC Budget Adoption Presentation
A summary of the key budget highlights for the fiscal year
A detailed representation of the Districts revenues and expenditures
A high level summary of the District’s budget
An overview and detailed description of how resources are determined and allocated to schools
A summary of school budgets
Individual school budget reports and funding sources
- School Budget Presentation
An overview of the school budget process for principals
- Northeast High School (Wednesday, April 15, 2015)
- Bartram High School (Wednesday, April 22, 2015)
- West Philadelphia High School (Tuesday, April 28, 2015)
- Dobbins High School (Wednesday, May 6, 2015)
- South Philadelphia High School (Tuesday, May 12, 2015)
- Congreso (Thursday, May 14, 2015)
- Martin Luther King High School (Wednesday, May 20, 2015)
- To provide feedback on how the District should invest the $264.7 million of new recurring resources proposed by Governor Wolf and Mayor Nutter, please click here.
Other Budget Documents
A listing of District vendors and services. Note: As the District is participating in the Open Data Initiative, clicking on this link with lead the user to an external website where all the data are stored.
A listing of District contracts and costs. Note: As the District is participating in the Open Data Initiative, clicking on this link with lead the user to an external website where all the data are stored.
Policy Governing District Budget Timeline
The Philadelphia Home Rule Charter, Article XII, Chapter 3, sections 12-302 through 12-306 governs the District's budget timeline
Independent Registered Municipal Advisor (IRMA) Notice
To submit comments or suggestions regarding possible cost saving / revenue gathering ideas, click here.
For any questions regarding the budget, please email email@example.com.