403(b) & 457(b) Voluntary Retirement Plans

Welcome to the School District of Philadelphia's Voluntary Retirement Plan page!

-General Information

For answers on:

  • What the 403(b) and 457(b) plans are
  • The difference between all the plans
  • How to enroll
  • Current Vendors

click on the "General Information" link above

-Contribution Changes

Tools and forms to start, change, or stop your contribution amount after you have submitted an application to one of the approved providers.

-Withdrawal Options

For information about withdrawing funds from your 403(b) or 457(b) account, click on the "Withdrawal Options" link above. Here, we will guide you on how to complete:

  • Loans
  • Hardships
  • Unforeseeable emergencies
  • In-Service Exchanges
  • In-Service Distributions
  • Severance from Employment Withdrawals



All termination pay questions should be addressed to the Payroll Department. Their phone number is (215) 400-4490  and their e-mail address is PayrollHelp@philasd.org

All PSERS pension plan (defined benefit) questions should be addressed to the Retirement Department.  Their phone number is (215) 400-4680 and their e-mail address is Retirement@philasd.org

Questions or Comments

If you have any questions or comments about 403(b) & 457(b) Voluntary Retirement Plans, please complete the following form. For any questions regarding TERMINATION PAY, please contact the payroll office at payrollhelp@philasd.org.

E-mail Address *
To tsahelp@philasd.org
Subject Question/Comment
First Name *
Last Name *
Phone Number *
Type your question or comment above