Please check this section periodically for important announcements, deadlines, updates, and new programs.
- Open Enrollment 2013
- Open Enrollment runs from May 1 through May 31. Changes are effective July 1, 2013.
- Active employees should visit the Employee Open Enrollment information page.
- Retirees and COBRA subscribers information should visit the Continuant Coverage information page.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) as required by the Affordable Care Act are available through your ibxpress.com login. A printed copy can be obtained from the site or by calling 1-800-ASK-BLUE
Customer Service Walk-in Hours are:
- Monday through Thursday: 9AM to 5PM
- Closed from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. the first Wednesday of the Month
- Fridays: By ADVANCE appointment only
- New United Concordia Summary of Benefits and UCWellness program
If you are an employee that is represented by CASA, SPAP or are non-represented and are have dental insurance through the School District of Philadelphia, a new Summary of Benefits has been posted! We are happy to present a new added benefit, UCWellness, Enhanced Benefits for People with Diabetes. Click here for more information.
- SDP Partners with HOP for Retiree Medicare Coverage
The School District of Philadelphia is pleased to announce a partnership with PSERS Health Options Plan (HOP) regarding health care benefits for Medicare - eligible retirees and their dependents. Read more...
- New: Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
The Office of Employee Benefits is pleased to introduce a new voluntary benefit plan, Aetna Supplemental Term Life Insurance. To learn more about Aetna Supplemental Term Life Insurance Plans, please watch an online presentation at brainshark.
Click HERE for more information.
- Changes to the Opt-Out Program
The SRC recently announced a change to how medical benefits coverage is provided to Non Represented employees (including ROTC). Effective February 1, 2012, employees will be required to pay 5% of the monthly premium for their medical coverage. This premium co-share applies to the medical portion of your coverage only. Deductions are made on a pre-tax basis.
Opt-Out program: As of 2/1/2012, opt-out applications for new enrollments for Non-represented and ROTC employees will not be processed. Any application that is received by the Benefits office will be held until a decision has been made regarding the continuation of the Opt-Out program.
Attention School Disctrict Employees:
You are encouraged to visit www.ibx.com/sdp for information on our benefits coverage or to register at www.ibx.com to see additional information on your enrollment. You may contact IBC directly at 1-800-ASK BLUE (1-800-275-2583) with questions.